Spesh 2011 enduro gxp BB woes..

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited February 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
:):) So, you may of seen the thread on here last week where I stripped down my gxp bb and re-greased it, then was going to have some enduro bearings fitted....
Well, when they say if it aint broke...
Took it to the LBS on sat, fitted the bearings into the cups, reassembled and it wouldnt fit together properly. Ended up leaving it with them and picked it up yesterday. I didn't get chance to check it as shop was shutting etc. so just took it.
Looked at it tonight and its as wobbly as a weeble, almost as if the bearings arent even the right size. They had to make a spacer up to fit on the sram 2x10 crank, don't know if this has affected anything.

Anyway, if your still reading this.. what i'm after is, anybody who has a spesh, with a gxp, with the sram s2200 cranks, can you tell me what BB i can buy off the shelf and will work ie you've done this yourself? I know the quick answer should be a gxp one, but he said he tried that and that was no good? Don't knkow whether to trust him though, for the sake of £25 I may just get one and try it myself. (cheaper than the time and fuel going back to the particular not so local LBS)

Wouldn't be so bad, but I have to get the bike running properly for this weekend as got a 2 day skills course :)

Edit to say - just read through the enduro bearing installation guide, not got the black spacer / seal on the none drive side.
Pointless thread now, sorry :roll:

Spacer now located - collecting it soon :)

Comments