Jeannie longo

inseine
inseine Posts: 5,788
edited February 2012 in Pro race
Her husband (and coach) has been arrested for buying EPO!

Comments

• shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Isn't this old news? He was one of those allegedly buying from Joe Papp over the Internet.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Cheers, let's hope AFLD don't screw it up this time....
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Read a Belgian tweet that was saying she was at one of the homes which was being raided and tried to make an escape but the plod caught her.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Patrice Ciprelli confessed he has bought EPO in 2010 and 2011 - The end of Longo is near
    cartoon.jpg
  • TimB34
    TimB34 Posts: 316
    Confessed? Where did you get that from?

Latest on l'equipe website is that Ciprelli is to face a judge on Friday, while Michel Lucatelli (French Cross-country Ski team coach) is to be freed on the grounds that he only received an EPO delivery for Ciprelli.

Ciprelli is apparently claiming that his bank cards and internet adresses (sic) were hacked.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    TimB34 wrote:
    Confessed? Where did you get that from?

Latest on l'equipe website is that Ciprelli is to face a judge on Friday, while Michel Lucatelli (French Cross-country Ski team coach) is to be freed on the grounds that he only received an EPO delivery for Ciprelli.

Ciprelli is apparently claiming that his bank cards and internet adresses (sic) were hacked.

sometimes the rest of the world takes a while to catch up.
    cartoon.jpg
  • I was watching the French news about this and it seems that the authorities were pretty determined to act after the FFC didn't.

I briefly spoke to Jeannie Longo myself only last week at the velodrome in Geneva where we were both at a training session. I wonder if she will turn up this Saturday!
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Stares sadly at the screen as another hero(ine) turns out to have feet of clay.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,794
    she should of jacked years ago...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • she should have jacked years ago...

Sounds like she has been. :(
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    laest the AFLD are doing something about this and not ignoring it because she is a national hero.

I know the women's division is a bit thinner on the ground but I guess this explains how she could keep going into her 50s.

Her husband is still saying it was just for him and nothing to do with her though
  • huret
    huret Posts: 62
    Doobz wrote:
    Patrice Ciprelli confessed he has bought EPO in 2010 and 2011 - The end of Longo is near

More overtime for the Wikipedia writers :mrgreen:
    Savoie between the Glandon and the Madeleine.