Zorbing - anyone done it?

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
for chrimbo my mrs got a Zorbing gift certificate so just trying to decide when to go

i don't think its really weather effected is it?

if anyone on here has done it, where you sick?

i get sick on the waltzers in the fair

for the unedu-macated Zorbing
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Yeah its good but I did it in a zorb full or water, might want to check on that before going in this weather.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Looks good, but for commuting the bike is probably quicker :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I did it in New Zealand with a wet zorb (basically you can be strapped in, or you can just bounce around inside with a bit of warm water for lubrication). It was - OK. Not sure if the strapped in version might have been better. Glad I did it, but wasn't the most exciting thing I've done.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I haven't, but my son has. He loved it, but then he was 12. I wasn't there at the time. My wife said he was a bit green when he got out and covered in sweat.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    cool thanks i think i might give it a swerve until it warms up an i get the one with half a puddle inside

i do go green on anything that spins
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    I did it a few years ago with an ex - I loved it, she was very ill after a particularly harsh bounce and couldn't really move around for about an hour without risk of throwing up.

We were strapped in, which was very disorientating as you really roll over and over. Not sure you get that as much with the 'wet' version as you just slosh about in the bottom.

Great fun - give it a go!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Looks a little too sandle-wearing-hippy for my liking. A little like Planking, Owling and Campag Athena.

Is it fun?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game