Any musicians on here? OT

prawny
prawny Posts: 5,440
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
I need some cash, I haven't played my drums in over 5 years and now my old band has moved away and the kids have come along I might as well get rid.

Any idea where to sell without the hassle of ebay. Totalled up there's nearly 4 grands worth of gear sitting in my parents loft.

How depressing :cry:
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    prawny wrote:
    I need some cash, I haven't played my drums in over 5 years and now my old band has moved away and the kids have come along I might as well get rid.

Any idea where to sell without the hassle of ebay. Totalled up there's nearly 4 grands worth of gear sitting in my parents loft.

How depressing :cry:

Don't do it!!!!!!!!

When we had junior 'mk3' I went on a selling spree as I was a bit short of cash;

I sold:

Guitars:

1969 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
    1968 Les Paul Goldtop Deluxe (fitted with PAF humbuckers)
    1974 Fender Strat Sunburst
    1982 Reissue 1952 Fender Telecaster (#4 of the first ever reissue series)
    1995 Fender SRV with 1964 pickups fitted - I was gutted when this went.

Amps:
    1964 Fender Vibroverb
    1968 Fender Pro
    1982 Marshall 2203 JCM800 + cab
    7 (yes 7!) Fender Prosonic combo's
    various pedals and effects

Paid off a percentage of the mortgage.....However, I spent the last year re-accumulating guitar equipment and playing in bands as I missed it so much.

I now have:

Cornford Hurricane
    Fender Road Worn strat with 1960's Fender pickups fitted and a callaham trem block.
    Keeley Ds1
    modded DS2
    Dunlop GCB95 wah

You need some time to do something you like and if you have a great drumkit, enjoy it and use it - Drummers are always in demand.

Seriously dude, you will regret it - I did!!!