BHF London 2 Brighton 2012

Cliveyp
Cliveyp Posts: 173
Apologies if this is in the wrong area, but i'm hoping some of you old hands may be able to help.

Myself and a couple of mates are looking to join up for this years London to Brighton trip, along with the many other thousands of people that do it. We're Midlands based, and with this being the first time we've attacked anything like this (appreciate on the grand scheme of things its not much of a distnace challenge, but considering i struggled 10 miles until recently, its enough for us!), we'd like to hit somewhere for a couple of nights meaning we dont have to drive back straight afterwards.

I understand that BHF put transport on to get people from Brighton to the start line on the day, so we'd look towards the night before, and night of the ride, in a hotel somewhere in Brighton itself. You know the score, early night to make sure we're up early for the ride, then an evening in the bar afterwards to allow us to recover.......

Can anyone recommend the best places to park the car for a couple of nights, and an ideal place to stay? We're thinking of "typical" budget (Travelodge-ish sort of rates), but mainly one thats cycle friendly so we can be safe in the knowledge that the bikes will be secure.

Thanks in advance!
2015 Ridley Fenix 105
2012 Cube Ltd SL
2011 Trek 1.2 - Sold
2001 Giant Boulder - Sold

Comments

• Hi there,

Like you, a mate and I are doing the London to Brighton for the first time this year, however we are doing the London to Brighton night ride. (yes we must be mad given that it's our first go at something like this but it looks like fun).

Given that parking in Brighton is notoriously hard to find/expensive in central Brighton, I have personally found it easier to stay just outside of Brighton and travel (or cycle) in. A couple of years back the mrs and I stayed at the Downs Hotel. It is a basic pub/b&b which is very reasonably priced and the staff are friendly. There's plenty of car parking space which was free when we stayed and it really is a 5 min drive into Brighton down the hill. I couldn't comment about the bikes, but you could certainly give them a call and ask...

http://www.downs-hotel.co.uk/

Hope this helps and good luck with the l2b!
    Cheers,
    Ben