Fastest Clincher Tyres

2»

Comments

• It's race day tomorrow at Croft Motor racing circuit, I currently have my trusty Gatorskins on the bike but I've got a set of the Continental Attack/Force tyres. Do you think it would be wise to swap the tyres over for that extra bit of grip in the corners? I don't fancy washing out at the front and bringing down anyone unlucky enough to be behind me...
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    As others have said a little bit of durability is preferable to outright speed, GP4000s have been plenty quick enough for me, 23 tens, sub hour 25's, top ten road finishes, I found Pro Race 3's possibly slightly quicker but ripped one apart in one race and didn't like the way they cornered, not raced on my Ultremos yet, Conti's been pretty puncture proof ridden them through winter, Pro's I wouldn't take off A roads, Ultremos 'feel' somewhere between.
  • outcastjack
    outcastjack Posts: 237
    are the conti GP tt tyres actually available anywhere?
  • Currently racing (and training) on Ultremo ZXs - really good durability (over 1000km without p*ncture, even got a glass gash and was still able to ride home as the bottom layer hadn't slashed) and definitely a lot stickier and faster (and more durable) than my old Pro3s... I know there are different Ultremos and even the ZX has variability (the coloured tyres are supposedly less grippy) but I haven't been able to fault the ZXs... And they make a nice noise on the right surface!
    Nice weather bike: Fondriest TF2 (white/ black)
    Training Bike: Giant Avail (white/ blue/ green)
    Track bikes: Planet X Franko Bianco (white) and 7VRN (white/ black)
    CX: Kinesis Pro6 (sick green)
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    are the conti GP tt tyres actually available anywhere?

Seen here but never used this retailer.

http://www.singletrackbikes.co.uk/m7b18 ... Tyre/RS_GB