Reverb from BIKE-DISCOUNT.de

simowill
simowill Posts: 56
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Well,

Ordered the Reverb post from the above last Wednesday, 125, 30.9 420mm right hand lever....arrived Friday opened the box and am now a little confused?
On their site at the bottom of the post discription it say "Year of production: 2012" but my post has the silver/chrome collar not the black. But the hydraulic fitting on the post is the updated metal one not the plastic one like on the 2011 version.
Plus there was no euro collar in the box either. So dont know whether its a 2011 or 2012 model. Bike discount have said if I send it back they'll then send out a new one, but just seems a pain in the backside, as they should have sent the right one in the first place.
Did Rochshox do a 2012 version with a silver collar? has anyone else bought one from they and had the same issue. Or shall I just stop moaning and get on and ride. and is ther a way to find out when it was made.

Regards

Simon
Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
Kona Firemountain HT

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Silver is still a current option - its now black OR silver.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick wrote:
    Silver is still a current option - its now black OR silver.
    Thanks benpinnick,

do you know if theres a way to find the year of manufacture?

Simon
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
    Kona Firemountain HT
  • benpinnick
    NOt as far as I know without being a SRAM employee. The only significant change was the fitment of the line to the post, which you say is metal... so it sounds like the latest model to me. TBH, I have had a reverb from as soon as they came out, and its still perfect, so if your not after something other than the new hose fitment, I don't see why you'd want to change. The black looks cheap to me having seen some.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Cheers, for the reply........... it going on th bike tonight!!

Simon:)
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
    Kona Firemountain HT
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just to check, no bleed kit with it? Hence the cheaper price I assume.

What's the euro collar?

Was looking to get one myself and was thinking about the one from bike-discount. Just need a 30.9 380, guess maybe right hand as want it under the bar on the left.

Heard about issues with drop posts of old that some didn't have any spline or poor quality ones or something like that, I guess causing the seat to shift left and right. Only heard that second hand and no idea what brand. Anyway, newer versions supposedly are better, of whatever it was! :D
  • @deadkenny,

Thats right no bleed kit.

Euro collar is a collar that clamps around post to set maximum drop, dont know why you'd want this. But I think it'll be good to keep in the backpack just incase the post fails and you need to kepp it up for the ride home.

Simon
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
    Kona Firemountain HT
  • I heard that described as the 'Enduro collar' last time I read it.
  • Sorry my mistake:(
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
    Kona Firemountain HT
  • benpinnick
    simowill wrote:
    @deadkenny,

Thats right no bleed kit.

Euro collar is a collar that clamps around post to set maximum drop, dont know why you'd want this. But I think it'll be good to keep in the backpack just incase the post fails and you need to kepp it up for the ride home.

Simon

Makes sense to me to add one, as I find at full 125mm my reverb cable buzzes the tyre on drops, Id be happy with running at around 110, which the collar would let me do. That said, I could easily fashion a ghetto version from a reflector bracket.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.