after clean shine???

stanny_uk
stanny_uk Posts: 147
edited February 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
any good tips for how to keep my bike looking nice and shiney after full clean down??? i use muck off the warm water and wax.. what about after sprays etc???

Comments

• Neal_
    Neal_ Posts: 477
    Silicone spray, take the wheels off and move them well out of the way plus put plastic bags over the callipers.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Pledge, Mr Sheen.

Seriously. Seen them mentioned many times for cleaning bikes even amongst the serious obsessives. They don't appear to cause any harm and some shops use them to polish up a second hand bike.

Not fussed myself about the whole cleaning and shining practice, more interested in riding, but another use for them is in applying a layer that might help keep the mud from sticking. Especially useful with carbon where the stuff seems to bond to carbon and is a pain to clean off.

Bike smells nice too after :D
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    deadkenny wrote:
    Pledge, Mr Sheen.

Seriously. Seen them mentioned many times for cleaning bikes even amongst the serious obsessives. They don't appear to cause any harm and some shops use them to polish up a second hand bike.

Not fussed myself about the whole cleaning and shining practice, more interested in riding, but another use for them is in applying a layer that might help keep the mud from sticking. Especially useful with carbon where the stuff seems to bond to carbon and is a pain to clean off.

Bike smells nice too after :D
    i actually read this in a bike mag, think it may have been WMB, and i tried it, and your right, it does smell nice :lol:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    being a bike tart i have tried all kinds of wax and polishes, mucoff miracle shine is ok.. the one i always use and is by far the best i have comeacross is the pedros bike lust finishline teflon polish is ok to.. even car wax/polish i used before now..

it definatley helps to keep the bike clean, the mud does'nt stick to the frame the same..

bike lust