Contador Banned and Stripped of 2010 TDF

13»

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    But for somethings there is no defence. You have it in your body - your guilty, no matter the source. No mitigation.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    [devil's advocate]Suppose a spiked water bottle was innocently drank during an event. The athlete's coach's girlfriend's sister thought they were doing the athlete a favour and didn't tell anybody. The drug used had a short period of effect and no residual benefit. The athlete was tested after winning the event with a pb and tested +ve.
    The athlete uses the "I thought that tasted funny" defence immediately, the water bottle was tested and the athlete's coach's girlfriend's sister fesses up. The athlete is gutted and gives back any medals/trophy and money.

Should they still be banned?[/Devil's advocate]
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:
    [devil's advocate]Suppose a spiked water bottle was innocently drank during an event. The athlete's coach's girlfriend's sister thought they were doing the athlete a favour and didn't tell anybody. The drug used had a short period of effect and no residual benefit. The athlete was tested after winning the event with a pb and tested +ve.
    The athlete uses the "I thought that tasted funny" defence immediately, the water bottle was tested and the athlete's coach's girlfriend's sister fesses up. The athlete is gutted and gives back any medals/trophy and money.

Yup, ban 'em! Actually, how cute is the Coach's girlfriend's sister?
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Yup, ban 'em! Actually, how cute is the Coach's girlfriend's sister?
    She's quite cute, but she's a bit dim and only has eyes for the athlete. On the plus side for the athlete, she was VERY apologetic afterwards.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I believe also that traces of plastination were also found in his blood, of a level consistent with a transfusion. While this is in itself not an infringement, it points to him having had a blood transfusion, and may well have been some residue clenbutorel in this. The meat is probably a red herring.
    I thought it was beef.
    They said food (not meat) was the most likely explanation.
    So it could've been herring.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,996
    I just read through part of the informed and interesting debate on the "pro Race" forum.

It turns out, after much deliberation, that your bike is a girl's bike. All of you.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926