Iphones...

2»

Comments

• mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    DrLex wrote:
    Funnily enough I saw the GiffGaff founder speak at a conference last year, he obviously wasn't very good. I may give them a try. Assume they let you port your number?

Yup. Click here to order and get an extra £5 credit on activation. Also gives me a few points, so shameless self-promotion achieved...

Cheers - just ordered one through your link.

Is the network reliable coverage wise/3G speeds fast?
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    mrc1 wrote:
    DrLex wrote:
    Funnily enough I saw the GiffGaff founder speak at a conference last year, he obviously wasn't very good. I may give them a try. Assume they let you port your number?

Yup. Click here to order and get an extra £5 credit on activation. Also gives me a few points, so shameless self-promotion achieved...

They run on O2's network so they're fine
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • mrc1
    dhope wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:
    DrLex wrote:

They run on O2's network so they're fine

Yes sorry just caught up with the rest of the thread.

Looks spot on to me as I'm coming to the end of an overpriced o2 plan and fed up with them. Will mean keeping my tired 3Gs but hey ho.

On the 3Gs, I think its fine. It is slower than the 4 when running the new OS and the camera and display are noticeably poor in comparison to the 4s but I don't really care about that.

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    mrc1 wrote:

Thanks!
    (I don't get copied in on your details, in case you were concerned.)

As dhope says, it's O2, so it's good speed & coverage. Not had any problems with their service; the only effort was cutting the SIM down to micro size (templates are available on the 'net).
  • mrc1
    DrLex wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:

Thanks!
    (I don't get copied in on your details, in case you were concerned.)

As dhope says, it's O2, so it's good speed & coverage. Not had any problems with their service; the only effort was cutting the SIM down to micro size (templates are available on the 'net).

I shouldn't need to worry about that with the 3Gs but you have my simpathy 8)

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • dhope wrote:
    Mr Sworld wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Apple's no.1 concern is their bottom line. How does that vary from Google, MS, HTC, Samsung or any other successful company? It doesn't. Yawn

Someones a bit tetchy this morning aren't they? :wink:

Did I say it was any different for any other company...
    It's like Godwins law for mobile discussions

No it's not, you bloody Nazi! :D
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    My twopenneth - I was in the same boat as your boyfriend. Always had an old phone and never felt the need for anything else. Got an iphone 3gs as a present and it's great, although unlike other posters I have nothing to compare it to. Seems fast enough for my use and it's nice to have email. Went with 3 for £15 and getting 600 free mins, 3000 texts, 2000 free mins to other 3 users and unlimited t'internet.

The T-mobile deal you mention for £15 has ended and it's now about £21 I think. It may be worth thinking about getting the phone on a cheap deal w/o too many minutes and both of you and other friends/family downloading 'Viber' as we are.

The above may be nonesense as I'm a technical dinosaur :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."