british cycling membership vs ctc

clunkychunky
clunkychunky Posts: 178
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
thinking of joining one of these.

i dont race but will be doing several sportives this year.
so just wondering which is the best value for money?

is there any other alternative which offers the usuals: 3rd party liability, shop discounts etc??

Comments

• Its a while since I had British Cycling membership but I am in the CTC and can vouch for there excellent legal service .After I had an accident a few years back where it looked like someone was going to make a claim against me I just put it in their hands and really didn't have to worry about anything at all.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I quite like the CTC mag, makes a refreshing change from the sportive-based mags. Not that there is anything wrong with C+ or the comic, just nice to get a mag with real people in every now and again to put everything into perspective.
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    It's about the same for either.

What i'd do, get BC membership if you plan on giving racing a go, otherwise get CTC.

I got my BC membership pack delivered the other day :D
  • Hhalo
    Hhalo Posts: 30
    Best value if you are interested for insurance purposes would be British Racing Ride membership. At £24 a year it is well worth it. Also £10 rebate if you go through a cash back sit like Quidco.
  • Hhalo wrote:
    Best value if you are interested for insurance purposes would be British Racing Ride membership. At £24 a year it is well worth it. Also £10 rebate if you go through a cash back sit like Quidco.

+1 wot i did :D

I was going to join CTC via local club (over 150 members) but they recommended BC as they had loads of issues with CTC :|