Morzine summer trip: 28/7 - 11/8 £400

UH DH
UH DH Posts: 4,160
edited March 2012 in Holidays
I'm organising a trip to Morzine for the above fortnight, more or less.

The prices are still sort of flexible at the moment, until I nail down exactly who is coming and where from. However, the price shown includes the following:

* Fuel
* Ferry
* Tolls
* Accommodation
* Liftpass

Accommodation is a "luxury" apartment in the town square of Morzine, with all mod cons such as windows, doors and beds. Travel will be by car, and I'm hoping to get one of the other travellers as a second driver because it's a horribly long way from Edinburgh to the Alps. This means I can collect people from most places in the country, though if you are a bit further off the beaten track, I'll have to add on a "living in a dumb place" tax to cover the fuel.

Other than that, it's a fortnight in lovely sunny Morzine. It'll be my 5th visit, so I know my way around and can show the sights to new riders.

Any takers?
Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
It's good for you.

Comments

• delaxm
    delaxm Posts: 180
    I'm looking to go PPdS area for ten days or two weeks, very flexy on time & riding but mostly FR/XC type stuff off the beaten track (no fan of busy trails & brake bumps) no stranger to the Alps & happy to meet near Maidenhead services - what vehicle are you using?
  • UH DH
    delaxm wrote:
    I'm looking to go PPdS area for ten days or two weeks, very flexy on time & riding but mostly FR/XC type stuff off the beaten track (no fan of busy trails & brake bumps) no stranger to the Alps & happy to meet near Maidenhead services - what vehicle are you using?

Aha. That is entirely up in the air at the moment. Was going to be a Focus Estate with a trailer for bikes. However that fell through, and it's now a Fiat bravo with trailer. However it appears I was slightly mis-sold that with features it doesn't actually have, so that might be changing again. I should know soon though.

Whatever it ends up as, it'll be a decent car, comfy to ride in, economical and all that. Until I whack a trailer on the back.

As for the type of riding, it depends on the riders. As it turns out, the off-piste stuff is some of the more fun trails to ride, though there'll still be a hefty smattering of proper trails. Less of the xc though, more of the gravity shit.

Maidenhead is also a pretty good spot too. It's likely I'll be collecting from around Oxford way anyway, so that's bang on the route.
    It's good for you.
  • UH DH
    Sort of bumping this a bit with updated details.

Driving out on the 25th of july for arrival early am on the 26th, riding on the friday and saturday and staying at a campsite in Saint Jean D'Aulps.

Then we have a fortnights holiday in an apartment across the bridge in Morzine, under the supermorzine, so easy access coming back down the hill, and an easy 2 minutes to the lift in the morning. This place has beds for 7 (nobody sharing a bed either), and secure bike storage. The previous apartment was lacking in bike storage, so was rejected.

Transport has been finalised, and is a Skoda Fabia Estate, with bike rack. So we should get 4-5 people in there no problems.

Current price based on 7 riders in the apartment comes out at around £400-450 per person for fuel, ferry, tolls, apartment and lift pass. Estimated food bill per day is around €3 per person, unless you decide against packed lunches and use cafes. Alcohol will also raise the price.

We want to get a group finalised ASAP to get the place booked, so if you are interested, please PM me as soon as you can. If you have questions, also PM. With a pickup location, I can give you a better estimate of your actual costs.

Also note that if you don't want a full fortnight, a single week can be arranged, though your trip one direction will need to be arranged by yourself. Collection from the airport is a possible as well.
    It's good for you.
  • delaxm
    delaxm Posts: 180
    Are you still using a trailer for the bikes?
    Three of us went to the Mega last year in a 58 plate Golf estate with the bikes on the roof rack & there wasn't much room in the car once all the gear was in!
  • UH DH
    delaxm wrote:
    Are you still using a trailer for the bikes?
    Three of us went to the Mega last year in a 58 plate Golf estate with the bikes on the roof rack & there wasn't much room in the car once all the gear was in!

Nope, just a rack on the back, probably bar mounted. Don't worry, I've organised these things for about 6 years now, we can get them in. I have a few tricks up my sleeve.
    It's good for you.