Restoring an old bike

Keen and mean
Keen and mean Posts: 35
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
When I was 16 I saved up and bought a Mike Mullet a hand built 531 Reynolds steel frame, then I saved up again and bought all the bling that's goes on a bike i.e. shimanoooooo group set 105 all silver against red it looked awesome and was a great bike to ride, very very responsive much better than my ally frame now,
Anyway this was 17 years ago now, about five years ago I had a accident ! the rear mech some how locked into the rear wheel causing me to go over the handle bars and bent the rear stay! I was gutted!!! my bike was trashed and would cost to much to fix.

Now the frame has sat in my garage and makes a great place for spiders to spin there webs off and collects dust and looks a sorry state indeed,
Every time I get my newish bike out im reminded about this bike and now I really want to get it fixed,

does anyone know of a good bike frame repair specialized that could does this and re spray it also????
My Bikes
1978 BSA javerlin
1987 Mike Mullet 531c
2008 Giant TCR

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Dont know any specific to your area, but the usual suspects are.

Brian Rourke (Stoke on trent)
    Dave Yates (Lincolnshire)
    Argos (no not the catalogue boys/ Bristol)
    Bob Roberts (Leeds I think)

I m sure someone will be along to give you a more local option (Condor Grays inn London) would do it as well I think
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Might be worth chatting to Mercian, they are great at fixing up bikes but they may be specific to the ones they make (I bent a chainstay on a Mercian and they did a really good job at a very reasonable price). They are based in Derby though.