• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Yes, that's them.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    If you're over 100, Gay = Happy

From 20 to 100, Gay = Homosexual

Under 20, Gay = Uncool (I believe)

A generational difference of opinion I think. The meaning of a word can change quickly.
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Regardless of the specific case in question here, isn't it a bit odd that the mods just take a post out the back and have it quietly shot? No evidence, just some puzzled posters and a lot of speculation.

Wouldn't it be more constructive for moderators to request some moderation in posting and to lock the thread?
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I don't know if there even was a post. I'm not sure if there is even a forum...
  • nweststeyn
    2365863838_df2f9b2a85.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,171
    The last time I checked it was also illegal to discriminate on grounds of sex and religion and yet no-one seems bothered by all the "girls in" threads (you won't find me complaining!) and it seems open season when it comes to religion with anyone with religious belief being openly ridiculed. Yet when it comes to race and sexual preference it seems there is a massive forum taboo. Surely it has to be all or nothing if things are being censored??
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I don't think censoring everything would make for a very good forum - so I vote nothing.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Pross
    I don't think censoring everything would make for a very good forum - so I vote nothing.

Fair enough but one thing you can't do is pick and choose which -isms or phobias should or shouldn't be allowed.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    No I agree with the general consensus really - if they are going to censor something then why not do it more openly - either lock the thread with an explanation as to why or if it's really offensive delete it but give an explanation. Maybe they'd argue they don't have time for that I don't know.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Pross wrote:

Fair enough but one thing you can't do is pick and choose which -isms or phobias should or shouldn't be allowed.

Well, the problem in THAT thread was that being gay was being equated with being bad. No one says "do 3/4 tights look christian/muslim or woman" (i.e, that they therefore are bad) so I don't think that is a common problem.

If you are suggesting that people should therefore not debate religion then I disagree. Sex, Sexuality and race are not choices, you could nt debate that someone should nt be female, gay or black for example. You DO choose to be religious (even if it is a challenging choice to change) and therefore it is not discrimination to disagree with people's views on it.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    you could nt debate that someone should nt be female.

I would suggest a quick peak inside the Munters thread. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • I blame... The Gay Mafia!

And I bet you all thought I was going to say Wiggle... Although.. Have you ever seen them in the same room together??
  • nweststeyn
    Seriously though... Rocket horses!
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    Has anyone seen my tortoise?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,147
    when the board nazis strike, just say to them your all gay* **

* contains infrequent mild swearing, with no visual naughtiness

** there's a reason for the lack of apostrophe, but you had to be on the forum it comes from to really appreciate the joke, so just savour the singing meerkats
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod wrote:
    when the board nazis strike, just say to them your all gay* **

* contains infrequent mild swearing, with no visual naughtiness

** there's a reason for the lack of apostrophe, but you had to be on the forum it comes from to really appreciate the joke, so just savour the singing meerkats

:D:D:D
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I'm pogonophobic but I like a good sportive, therefore I demand that sportives and audaxes have their own sections.

I'm also quite hungry, what's for tea?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    prawny wrote:
    I'm pogonophobic but I like a good sportive, therefore I demand that sportives and audaxes have their own sections.

Just got that.I`m half pogonic myself but I take your point about Audaxers.Well said.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • cornerblock
    prawny wrote:

I'm also quite hungry, what's for tea?

lgrs6.jpg
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    *Yawn*, had a Bagpuss moment and I fell asleep, updates please peeps.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • well the headline on Yahoo is

Syria bombards Homs; West scrambles for new strategy

I'm frightened to click it in case I get the banstick
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Anyone know what colour these pants are?

gp457268-01p01v01.jpg
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Id say teale

Edit - or is it teal? One of them played for villa in the early 90s the other is a colour
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Pross
    prawny wrote:
    Id say teale

Edit - or is it teal? One of them played for villa in the early 90s the other is a colour

What's underneath the pants is probably the one that played for Villa :wink:
  • cornerblock
    Pross wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    Id say teale

Are we talking Shorn Teale?
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    Id say teale

I'm just suggesting if he played for Villa he was probably a ..............
  • cornerblock
    Pross wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    prawny wrote:
    Id say teale

I'm just suggesting if he played for Villa he was probably a ..............

Point_over_your_head.jpg
  • Pross
    It's been a long day!
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    lemoncurd wrote:

gp457268-01p01v01.jpg

I've been studying this very closely for some time now and I can say with some authority that I need to study it a bit longer. Aqua? No, can't make up my mind, got any more photos from different angles that you can post?
  • Pross
    Gizmodo wrote:
    lemoncurd wrote:

gp457268-01p01v01.jpg

I've been studying this very closely for some time now and I can say with some authority that I need to study it a bit longer. Aqua? No, can't make up my mind, got any more photos from different angles that you can post?

I'd go for jade myself (well, it looks like her from that angle)