Brest to Brest

wacky chaser
wacky chaser Posts: 3
edited February 2012 in Tour & expedition
Hi, I'm going to take part in the Brest to Brest (http://wackychases.com/races-to-places/brest-to-brest) cycling event this August and I was wondering what the longest trip other forum users have done is and what advice you have for a long race.

I'm planning to cycle about 100-150km for 6 days in a row, then take a rest day and use that strategy for 4 weeks in a row. Also what's your advice on preparation, obviously I don't have the time to cycle such distances every day - would you recommend 100km once or twice a week is enough with shorter cycles each day?

Comments

• dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Cycling 2 abreast?
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Well it's to raise money for breast cancer charities, so any recommendations? People who have done similar trips?
  • 'They' say that if you can comfortably cycle 70% of your chosen distance a day for 3 days in a row you'll be fine.

I'd say that you should just train as much as you can - that will give you both fitness and focus. You'll be surprised at how quickly your body gets used to the daily mileage when you're on the trip.

Looks great though! I am jealous :)