Saddle Bag Suggestions

DylanM
DylanM Posts: 26
edited February 2012 in Road beginners
As a newbie road cyclist, I wondered if you guys could recommend a good saddle bag for the essential equipment.
Obviously want something that's not too big, looks good and will carry the basics.

One question, do you advise carrying one or two spare innertubes?

Comments

• Morning,

I use top-peak wedges on both my road bikes.

Summer Bike I use a small ish ; one inner tube, park tools adhesive patches, x2 C02 canisters, x3 levers, credit card + £10 + multi-tool. (http://www.evanscycles.com/products/top ... s-ec008236

Winter Bike Large: 2 inner tubes, c02 cannister (large pump attached to bike) park tools patches, levers, gel, credit card + 10 + multi-tool (still room to cram more shizzle in). Prepared for all eventualities.
    'Ride hard for those who can't.....'
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,974
    Whatever bag you end up getting you want to have agood look at the way it attaches to the saddle. I've had problems with ones with a loop that goes round the seat post with the velcro strap damaging my bibs.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    I've got a specialized mini wedge. Can fit 3 tyre levers, a tube, puncture repair kit and multi tool inside, everything you need really!
  • +1 for the topeak wedge bags. I have a small for my road bike which I get this in;
    1 x inner tube, 1 x cO2 pump with cartrige, tyre levers, topeak multitool, topeak self adhesive patches, dispose able rubber gloves, money, 3 cable ties, plasters and paracetamol.

I also have two medium ones for me and my wife's mountain bikes. Get pretty much the same stuff in but the inner tube is obviously larger and some tyre repair patches.

We have the ones with the clip fixing system because you can buy the clips separately and transfer the bags quickly from bike to bike
  • +1 for the topeak wedge bags. ......We have the ones with the clip fixing system because you can buy the clips separately and transfer the bags quickly from bike to bike

another +1 from me
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Slimline no post strap, there can be only one, all the others are just ugly!

lezyne-microcaddy-zoom.jpg