Sunday of Snow

allen.coulson
allen.coulson Posts: 424
edited February 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Frosty good morning.
Where do I start! Today dig out the snow then homework - well childrens homework, then my asignment - Definately snowmen and an attempt on the bike. I'll think about a BB this evening...

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    House still full of people who looking at the empty bottles may stay in bed for a bit longer

Will go sledging later, just for the kids obviously
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,713
    Morning Wasters,

Already shovelled snow off the dive and extracted the car, off to get supplies and coffee in town when the shops open. No idea what we're up to today but may try to grab a sneaky play in the woods on the bike later, might be fun in the snow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    gonna try and drive from cambridge to lincoln, i must be mad!
    might leave it till after the rugby.

other than that foods, warm drinks, pointless internet use and snow shovelling are the order of the day!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Uni work to be done today. May go out and play if there's any snow left this afternoon. For now I need breakfast, the flatmate has just cooked the bacons. Winner.

Laters
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Word up!

Just sat in bed watching From the inside out;

Out on the blue pig today and then finish some of the wedding invites.

No snow in Bristol
  • Morning all, quite a late start to the day after a piss up. Will be relaxing for the most part, off to a restaurant soon, then magazine store to buy some stuffs, then no idea. Probably lazyness.
  • Greetings Maggots,

Yup, it bucketed down with snow yesterday, so today we play the melting game as the temps rise a little and the snow slowly disappears.
    My road is totally snowed in, so no outings today but I may take a stroll to the park just to get the metabolism going.
    Other than that, not too much planned for today, a day of laze...
  • Morning Homos!

No snow here. It didn't even get below zero.

Got Tescos making a grocery delivery shortly then I'll continue slobbing out for the rest of the day.

Laters.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    made some breakfast, walked the 3 dogs in the snow, have prepped dinner for today and tomorrow and am having a lazy day.

yesterdays hangover is almost gone and im feeling a lot better.
  • Morning losers!

Driven about quite a bit this morning. Why can't people use their brains when driving in snow!? It's not rocket science (is it?). The roads round here have been ploughed and gritted, and are fine to drive on, they're just wet. So why the need to drive at 20mph everywhere!? Days like today make me want to move to Norway or Canada where people don't get scared of snow /rant

Plan for today is go to a cobblers and see if they'll re-heel my shoes. Then drive back to Leeds.

Laters
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Icicles
    been shoveling, no riding :( got about 6-8" of weather which is strange for the south east.
    all that bike fettling was done yesterday for nothing! Grrr
    No1 child is driving us bonkers, been out in the snow but going to get the board out the loft and try and find a decent hill this arvo!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Morning losers!

Plan for today is go to a cobblers and see if they'll re-heel my shoes. Then drive back to Leeds.

Laters

Where do you live....? 1920...!!! :P
    2011 Whyte 905
    1990s Orange Clockwork
  • Plan for today is go to a cobblers and see if they'll re-heel my shoes.

?????????
    bs-brokenheel-157.jpg
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    bored, bored, bored.

took the terrierist for a 10 mile walk at 7 this morning so I could be the first to walk through the snow, really funny as the poor little mutt kept disappearing into 2 foot deep drifts. Cleared the paths & cars of snow, had a snowball fight, changed the kitchen cabinet doors, sourced a cheap franke sink & tap, solid oak worktops and some new handles. Booked Horrible Histories live for my birthday, Star Wars Episode 1 3D for me and eldest child.

And now I am bored. Farcebork seems to be full of people going on about how wonderful snow is, which is a load of carp. It's interesting for the first couple of hours then it's just a PITA because there's no decent hills round here to go sledging.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good afternoon freaks!

No snow here this morning and the frost has pretty much all gone.

Got up early and fettled the Focus. Everything now works, except the rear wheel isn't true. Need to take it to the LBS.

Walked down to the beach with the hound earlier and now watching the rugby. Pretty much a lazy day for me.

Laters... :D
  • Morning losers!

Laters

Where do you live....? 1920...!!! :P
    No, Leeds exists in the present day too.

CWNT :lol: Not quite. It's my organ shoes, the heel on them needs to be bigger (cue 'organ related jokes' that have been told a thousand times)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418

my organ shoes, the heel on them needs to be bigger
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    evening Scuttlers

Been to Fod today with bails and it killed me, 6 months mostly out the saddle and a chest infection meant that I had to push even some of the simplest climbs, on a blue run, I was soooo embarrased, I need to get back into shape and health ready for the spring. It will come though.

Now I am going to sit around the house in my pants eating jaffa cakes so theres none left for tommorrows healthy eating drive
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp