Can't Find User Manuel/Spec Info Fork/Shock

Hacker60
Hacker60 Posts: 73
edited February 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm trying to get my Forks and Rear Shcok set correctly, with a new
bike (not brand new, just new to me) FSR XC 2007, the Fork is a Fox J3 SL Coil
and Rear Shock X-Fusion 02 RLA, those are the only two remaining stock items
as most of the rest of the bike has been upgraded.

The fork seems to work fine, lock-out a bit on the soft side, but useable
but the rear shock does'nt seem right, to hard. The shock is in for a service
with "Evans Cycles" I know there not the best, but for £40.00 they should know
if it's working or needs replacing.

I have been trying for a week to find User Manuels or Work Specifications
for both parts but as the parts go back to 2007 I can't find anything specific,
The X-Fusion wedsite archive does'nt seem to go back that far, I just want to know
the basic's ie: Travel, (I think it's 100mm) but mainly shock, so I can look for
a Decent replacement on e-Bay, or at least be sure I've got everything set-up right.
Scott Scale 60 - Stock
Spesh FSRXC - Custom

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There is no such fork as the one you list. Your bike requires a 100-110mm travel forks with a unthreaded 1 1/8th inch steerer.

For the shock, you measure like this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6232747_measure ... orber.html

This must be of the same dimensions
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    no wonder you cant find anything, try searching Rockshox J3 SL its not a fox fork
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Correct, it's a Rockshox, got Fox products on the brain right now it's late couple of beers,
    you know how it is, give a guy a break... still it's good to to see your all on the ball.

Supersonic is that a typo 69,557 Posts in six years, when do you get time to ride, that's
    an average of about 40 posts a day, every day, hardcore commitment dude, respect !
    Scott Scale 60 - Stock
    Spesh FSRXC - Custom
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Hacker60 wrote:
    Correct, it's a Rockshox, got Fox products on the brain right now it's late couple of beers,
    you know how it is, give a guy a break... still it's good to to see your all on the ball.

Supersonic is that a typo 69,557 Posts in six years, when do you get time to ride, that's
    an average of about 40 posts a day, every day, hardcore commitment dude, respect !
    There are people with just as many posts, however whilst sonics posts are useful and impartial, others have racked up that kind of post count by arguing and bickering, watch out!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Hacker60 wrote:
    Correct, it's a Rockshox, got Fox products on the brain right now it's late couple of beers,

As it is also part of his job....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • True, without a forum like this, we'd all be getting ripped off at main dealers
    who want to part with as little knowledge as possible, unless it's for a price.

I got married to argue and bicker and then got into MTB to get my freemdom back
    a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, so hats off to the beginners ! proud
    to be one of them, sorry I'm getting all emotional now, doh....
    Scott Scale 60 - Stock
    Spesh FSRXC - Custom