Kona Minxy Bike 2009

Rockshoxmad
Rockshoxmad Posts: 8
edited February 2012 in MTB beginners
I can buy a new 2009 Kona Minxy Bike from a shop, it costs £799. The only thing is that its a Womens Dual Suspension Bike, I'm not a woman, can i get away with it, will it look odd.

Comments

• Also has it got lock out forks.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Wouldn't it be easier to check with the shop? You could also sit on it and see if it fits. If it feels comfortable it makes no difference, plenty of women ride 'mens' bikes.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I ride a Kona Minxy (2010) - they're great bikes and are not too girlie looking so you could definitely get away with it! If I remember correctly the 2009 frame has gold decals as opposed to the purple decals on my bike :D

They are very capable bikes but pretty damned heavy and very chunky, so I would be more conerned about whether that fits with the type of riding you want it for. I got mine specifically to ride the Megavalanche and i'm very happy (so far!) with my choice, but I wouldn't say it's particularly ideal for xc in the UK for example. It climbs better than I thought it would, but they are heavy and come into their own on downhill stuff. I've used mine for general xc stuff whern the Orange has been out of action and it's hard work....

Anyway, hope that helps! They are pretty rare bikes as I think they only made them for 2 years - I guess not much of a need for womens freeride bikes :(
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thanks guys, are the forks any good and can you lock out the rear shocks and forks.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Thanks guys, are the forks any good and can you lock out the rear shocks and forks.
    They are good but why do you want to lock them out? This isnt the kind of bike where you would be locking suspension out and climbing.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Thanks guys, are the forks any good and can you lock out the rear shocks and forks.
    They are good but why do you want to lock them out? This isnt the kind of bike where you would be locking suspension out and climbing.

Agreed - I genuinely have no idea whether I can lock mine out or not :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc