Disc rubbing,

mar_k
mar_k Posts: 323
edited February 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I was out on the bike today, nothing crazy just a nice easy ride with my 7 year old boy.
I did give it a few blasts but nothing major.

The problem I am having now is the rear disc seems to be rubbing, It sounds like its warped as it only seems to catch at certain points. it does not slow the wheel down but it can be heard clearly.

I have since removed the rear wheel and given it all a good clean but its still the same. I have checked the disc and it seems straight, any ideas as the sound is quite annoying

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Common situation. Hey do ting a little. It will go as the pads wear. And it might come back as the pads wear.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • lasty
    lasty Posts: 218
    Try centering the caliper again ...
    Slacken off the mounting bolts , gently pull the brake and wiggle the caliper , tighten caliper whilst still braking .
    Usually does the trick on my bike after it`s been in the car with a wheel out ..
  • mar_k
    mar_k Posts: 323
    ok thanks guys,

Also one other issue you may be able to help with, the tyre seems wonky.
    I have tried overinflating it and then letting the air out to correct the pressure. I keep thinking the wheel is buckled but its deffinately the tyre.

it doesnt help having a white line either side of the tread