Ground frozen solid

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
So I've been off road on the "cross" bike today and yesterday. Really enjoyed it, though my fingers about dropped of with the cold it was a small price to pay.

Just started snowing now.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Snowed here yesterday and it's hardly melted since then - The commute home on the road bike (23c tyres at 120psi) was great fun!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Raining up here but freezing on the ground, sunday run looks in doubt. :(
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    mad sandstorms for 4 days now - hope its over and we can get back to 11 deg 6 am runs
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Mr752
    Mr752 Posts: 33
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    mad sandstorms for 4 days now - hope its over and we can get back to 11 deg 6 am runs
    Not so bad here, its blowing off the sea so no sand, but that gusting wind is a bit naughty, certainly made 75 miles yesterday morning interesting!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Mr752 wrote:
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    Not so bad here, its blowing off the sea so no sand, but that gusting wind is a bit naughty, certainly made 75 miles yesterday morning interesting!

Glad to hear you chaps are suffering in some way :)
  • It's been raining since 11am...and the rain is stick'n solid on every surface, the car is covered with an 1" of ice and being rooted to the drive with icicle's
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    luckily its been freezing, but bone dry on the roads this week.. so been out on the road in the middle of the day when its gets to ~0C

snowed a load tonight though... looks doubtful up until wednesday :( but hopefully the roads will have dried up again by then.

i think the -7C temps during the night are having a psychological effect on the roadies round here though... even though its the same temperature as last weekend during the day.. didn't see anyone out on my ride this morning! When last week everyone was out in the warmth sapping mist/fog!