Velo Club Rutland Reliability Ride 11th March

Velo Club Rutland are putting on their first Reliability Ride on Sunday 11th March. The route is based on part of the Rutland CiCLE tour Sportive route.

£5 to ride, includes chip timing, waymarkers, map and some group leaders. If you are still unreliable after all that help there is no hope for you.

62 miles with optional cafe stop, 22 mile route to Fineshade for families and new riders or the plain unfit.

http://www.itpevents.co.uk/events/velo-club-rutland-reliability-ride.html

All the best

Ian

Comments

• Ian

How do we enter this event? Are you limiting to 100 riders like it says on cyclosport.org?
  • 11th March - I'm struggling with 46 Miles at the moment (avg 14mph when I went out last.. mind you it was sub-zero the entire way 'round and we did set off at 7am on a Sunday morning)

I'm not sure I wouldn't hold people up :(
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Hi

It is just entry on the day. The maximum number is a bit meaningless to be honest if there is no advanced entry, but anyone over 100 won't get a timing chip. I don't want to go down the route of online entry etc as it is just a small, low key, low cost club fundraising event.

It is a ultimately a social ride so there will be a large mix of groups. No one needs to worry about being too slow. We've got plenty of slow people to go around.

Ian