leg protection

stokoe
stokoe Posts: 11
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
HELP

Need some advice on knee/shin guards had a nasty mishap on sunday so i think its time to start wearing some sort of protection, only thing is what do i buy i dont want anything to expensive and over rated but i dont want to buy cheap and find out they have no ventilation and dont fit propley. In the ideal world i would like to be able to wear them when needed then just throw them into my bag when not.

[url=cheershttp://www.bikeradar.com/forums/posting.php?mode=post&f=20005&sid=1e7a550ee35a67f9ac662322b9c72110#]cheershttp://www.bikeradar.com/forums/p ... 2b9c72110#[/url]

Comments

• flappy8
    flappy8 Posts: 172
    depends on what sort of riding you do
    MTB or Road - They are both good!
  • flappy8
    flappy8 Posts: 172
    sorry that got sent before I'd finished. do you need knee or knee and shin protection. I posted a question last week looking for somthing similar to Kyle straights but managed to buy some in the end...

661 Kyle Straights quality pad - wore them all day last Sunday and forgot I was wearing them.
    MTB or Road - They are both good!
  • stokoe
    really do a bit of every thing if i go local but i venture up to kielder for a bit change from time to time
  • +1 for 661 Kyle Straits (Knee)
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • stokoe
    al give them ago then cheers for the advice
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    What was your nasty mishap?
  • stokoe
    tryed a drop off failed, flipped then landed knee first on rocks wih a xmas tree up me jumper but a got back up tryed again did it then had a look at the damage haha. the wife was non to happy when a said a might need a day or two off work.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    +1 on the Kyle Straits for knees.

The shin stuff is a bit excessive and less flexible unless you're doing some fast DH kind of stuff with lots of potential for whacking the shins, but for just the odd off just protecting the knees is enough. Also keeps them warm.

At least you landed on your knees after trying a drop. My attempt, head, intensive care.
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    G-Form Pads worth a look too.