Kona Cadabra anyone own one

bigdavevw
bigdavevw Posts: 213
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi, i am currently riding a 2012 Orange ST4 s with fox fork and hope hubs, few other upgrades and i,m maybe looking at selling it for a Kona Cadabra 2012.
The main reasons i would want to sell it, is the weight, the st4 weighs 32lbs, its an 18". I mainly ride XC, 7 stanes trails, Kirroughtree mainly, but also some big rides in the lakes with long descents.

A bit about myself, i,m 25 and fairly skilled and i can climb well, so i need a full suss that can climb well but also descend well. The Cadabra seems to fit this pretty well, and i haven,t read a bad review on it yet.

So if anyone could give me opinions on it that would be great :D

Dave

Comments

• leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I know someone with the abra cadabra version. With carbon bars+some other finishing kit upgrades, but also heavier tyres it weighs ~ 29lbs.

He says that it climbs and descends amazingly well, but the magic link makes bunnyhopping very difficult.
  • Hi, yes i can imagine that, the link would slacken off the angles. Its a very light bike too, i think i,ll be going for the Cadabra, but will be putting carbon stuff on, and a Rockshox rev xx wc fork, tubeless, etc