Dale Farm Still There.

Ron Stuart
Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
There off the site but not out of the area..... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-16866828

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    The moral of the story - you don't f**k with Pikeys!
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    unless you know exactly where these people are from you shouldn't use the wrong racist terms, until you are sure, then go ahead and be a racist!

They are not Pikeys, but you are right you don't feck with people who are in a corner!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    team47b wrote:
    unless you know exactly where these people are from you shouldn't use the wrong racist terms, until you are sure, then go ahead and be a racist!

They are not Pikeys, but you are right you don't feck with people who are in a corner!

I didn't know that inaccurate racism was generally an issue ?
    :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • team47b wrote:

I might be wrong, but im pretty sure the word Pikey is an insult created by the Romany Gypsies to describe 'fake' irish travellers...

So they probably are pikeys. If not, then they are just scrubbers. Either way, both are scum.
  • My understanding of it was that there was an area which was legal where planning permission had been granted, and an illegal site where the travellers had moved without permission. The whole legal battle was over this illegal site.

It seems the council have been out-witted by the travellers who have moved onto the lane approaching the site. It was obvious they would only go the minimum distance possible.

What I don't understand is why aren't the travellers liable for the councils costs? If you lose appeal after appeal surely you should be liable for the costs? If the travellers had won you can bet they'd be claiming all their legal costs from the council..
  • team47b
    MattC59 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

I didn't know that inaccurate racism was generally an issue ?
    :lol:

I meant the pikeys would be upset to be associated with the Dale Farm folk! :D
  • team47b
    team47b wrote:

I might be wrong, but im pretty sure the word Pikey is an insult created by the Romany Gypsies to describe 'fake' irish travellers...

So they probably are pikeys. If not, then they are just scrubbers. Either way, both are scum.

Romanies need someone to look down on - pikeys, pikeys need to look down on somene too - Dale Farm? :D
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    team47b wrote:

Well, on the BBC coverage of the Dale Farm saga I observed two key points:

1. There was definitely a 'travelers' 'house' with a periwinkle blue coloured interior.
    2. There were dags running loose.

In the world according to Snatch - Pikeys!
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”