Winter Leggings

wander wheels
wander wheels Posts: 64
edited October 2012 in Women
Hi

I'm looking for a reasonably priced pair of winter leggings (with pad insert) for mountain biking. I don't like anything tight round my waist. Can anyone recommend any makes. Thanks

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    If you want a pad they'll need to be relatively tight, or the pad will move. Better to wear padded shorts with tights of your choice over the top. Ronhill Bikesters are a baggier cut.

If it's just the waistband issue, rather than the tight material per se then look at bibtights, they're far warmer, and you don't have anything digging into your waist.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Howdy Wander Wheels 8)

I really like the Ground Effects 'Witches Britches' - 3/4 length and furry! But they might be too warm for you.... The comment about bib tights is a good call as no waistband issues then!

Do dhb do any winter tights? I always find them quite generously sized and the price are always reasonabe, so if you trash them MTBing it's not the end of the world!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Hi thanks for the advice. Went down to Primera bike shop in Bournemouth today. Tried on some Endura, Altura and Gore leggings all ok for tightness in waist but about 4inches too long! :cry: Gore bib tights were also too long but had a great zip off feature at the waist enabling those quick "comfort" stops without having to take off too many layers! Good for the taller girls. Also tried on some leg warmers from Specialized which fitted very top to very bottom of my short legs and felt good on. They are awaiting the new range thermal ones of these to come in so have ordered a pair.

Miss Notax still considering some 3/4 length ones you have from Ground Effect - may have a closer look at yours!

Ta :)
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Apologies - was just looking in 'latest posts' didn't notice this was women's, Miss Notax is far better than I to comment :-)
  • I bought a pair from Sports Direct/World last week, they've just started stocking Muddy Fox cycling clothes (I hadn't heard of them before but they seem ok). I got a pair of padded leggings for £11!! Worn them out a couple of times so far, they do the job well keeping my legs warm, the padding could be better but on longer rides I wear my Endura padded shorts on top. They have both men's and women's sizes and styles. Definitely worth a look!
  • Ha ha ha - you're in the wrong place, "Legwear"!

This is a forum for women's mountain biking. We're not looking for clothing for popping down to the shops - or hanging around on the street corner :roll:

But good luck with your business venture :lol:
  • Wander wheels, did you find anything suitable?
  • glamor
    glamor Posts: 4
    Link is required but still I couldn't find it here anymore...