Ace Film......

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

That's all.............
:mrgreen:
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• Well said that man
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    I agree,most John Hughes films i watch i still enjoy.
  • Yes mate. Jennifer Grey there as well, before dirty dancing and the dubious nose job. Ferris' girlfriend is mint as well if I remember right!
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • MattC59
    aa_1961_ferrari_spyder_ferris_buellers_day_off_garage.jpg

ooohhh...... yeeaaahhh........
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Ferris' girlfriend is mint as well if I remember right!

Mia Sara. A major player in a 16 year old's 'special time' back then.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • I'm only 24, and even i know this is a classic...(calls for a rummage through my DVD collection to enhance my bottle of wine later...)
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    It's been advertised loads on Sky recently - I think it's on this w'end, but I can't remember what channel. Do a search on your Sky guide. Think it's one of the comedy channels.....
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • MattC59
    jordan_217 wrote:
    It's been advertised loads on Sky recently - I think it's on this w'end, but I can't remember what channel. Do a search on your Sky guide. Think it's one of the comedy channels.....

It was on last night, I was watching it, hence my post :D
  • jordan_217
    MattC59 wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:

Comedy Central? Put me out of my misery
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • MattC59
    jordan_217 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:

Yep
  • jordan_217
    MattC59 wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    jordan_217 wrote:

Yep

Ta. Also Mia Sara looks better in 'Legend' and you get to see her perky puppies in 'Time Cop' :D In the words of my Mother - 'she's aged well'
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Have you seen the Superbowl ad version?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhkDdayA4iA
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Great film.

In Germany it's called 'Ferris Macht Blau' - the only reason I know this is because I have the promo poster in the bedroom http://www.filmposter.net/uploads/tx_da ... e/9778.jpg

(I collect movie posters)
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Bueller ….. Bueller ….. Bueller ……… Anyone ….. Anyone ……….

Fantastic film - a classic.

Famiglia Yossie are huge fans of anything John Hughes: Pretty in Pink (The Pyschedelic Furs - what more can you say!), The Breakfast Club (personal top 3 film of all time to me - summed up a particular time of my life perfectly with utterly brilliant music), Some Kind of Wonderful to name but 3 - brilliant directing, soundtracks and The Brat Pack - what more can you want? Teenage high school angst for a generation!

IMHO the film industry lost a great when JH passed away - massive loss.
  • I think Planes, trains and automobiles was my favourite John Hughes film. Back when Steve Martin could be funny.
  • You sounded just like Dirty Harry then.

111810jones.jpg
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Best quote ever.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    You sounded just like Dirty Harry then.

111810jones.jpg

Look at the man in this picture; the look in his eyes. That moustache. The character that told a teenage boy 'your ass is mine'. The character who spent the film persuing two teenagers.

The actor happens to be a convicted paedophile.

Doesn't that just add an extra twist to the plot!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.