Aconcagua 6962 m on the bike.

ATT
ATT Posts: 2
edited February 2012 in Commuting general
Hi,

This is trip contest in Poland http://www.alpinus-miejodwage.pl/508 , expedition which gets most votes, pass to the next stage and it has a chance to be realized. Below is trnaslated description of my trip from the link above, so if you think that my idea of climb and downhill Aconcagua 6962m with bike is cool and you like it, please vote!

On the website linked above at the left side you can vote, just enter your email and click "Zaglosuj" green button after that confirm the vote when you get the message. Thanks!

”Hi, my name is Adam, and this is my bike. We have known each other for a very long time. My bike is always sad when I go to the high mountains without him because however he doesn't speak it loud he like mountains - just like me. So we have an idea to go to South America together and climb the Aconcagua 6962 m and then go downhill. We know it's high, far and people will say that is impossible and it is nonsense. However we believe that it is possible and we can do it. Normal Route to the summit is ideally suited for this purpose, it is not full crevasses glacier and there is no technically climbing sections. In the absence of heavy snow fall is theoretically rideable. Theoretically, because no one has ever tried it, that would be the first downhill run from Aconcagua and also the highest altitude at which anyone was moving using bicycle. Co what is needed to make that trip successful? Alpine experience - check!, an excellent technique for cycling also in deep snow and ice - check!, good form- check, ambition - check!, courage - check!, but I'm afraid already. Time to try completely new routes."

Adam