Cube AMS 130, owners, reviews?

supafly1982
supafly1982 Posts: 631
edited February 2012 in MTB buying advice
Do you have a Cube AMS 130 or have you ridden one? im looking at the 2012 range. I went to Walkers in Kilmaurs to look at some and was impressed, i think im going to hire one for the weekend to really test it out.

Im wanting to see peoples oppinions on these from experience. Ive had a couple of cube HT and they were great bikes.
Do the AMS have any common faults or niggles? i quite like the 130 SL

if you have owt to say about them then fire away.

cheers
scott

Comments

• Mate bought the 2011 pro model on sat from winstanleys. I'm hoping he will let me have a go this sat. If it rides as well as it look then it'll be a winner.
  • I recently bought the Cube AMS 130 SL 2011 model. Lovely bike and would certainly reccomend it i I but recently experienced a problem with the freewheel breaking.... Im waiting to hear back from Whinstanleys to see if it's covered in the warrantee. Its probably a one off but probably worth mentioning.

The only other thing I would say to check is the clearance on the triangular swing arm for the rear suspension. The clearance on my bike is not symetrical, and as such is very close to the frame on the right hand side. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the way the bike was set up, or just the way it should be.

Hope this helps.

Dave
  • dave1986 wrote:
    I recently bought the Cube AMS 130 SL 2011 model. Lovely bike and would certainly reccomend it i I but recently experienced a problem with the freewheel breaking.... Im waiting to hear back from Whinstanleys to see if it's covered in the warrantee. Its probably a one off but probably worth mentioning.

The only other thing I would say to check is the clearance on the triangular swing arm for the rear suspension. The clearance on my bike is not symetrical, and as such is very close to the frame on the right hand side. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the way the bike was set up, or just the way it should be.

Hope this helps.

Dave

hmm, odd. mind you it might be designed like that, on my Giant glory DH bike its not symetrical, but you can clearly see it is designed like that.

How have you found the handling? stiffness in fast turns etc, climbing and so on?
  • no one else?
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Spoke to a guy with one the other day, he agreed that they are quite long and low at the front. He had put a short riser stem on it. Also has a failing bb91 bottom bracket, but it's used hard. Good value bikes though, no denying that. It also looks good!