Save the Quantock hills!

bikequantocks
bikequantocks Posts: 12
edited February 2012 in MTB general
Mountain bikers SAVE THE QUANTOCKS!
You may or may not know about the Quantock Hills (AONB), Somerset, but it has some of the best natural trails, in England within 30 minutes of the M5 with stunning views across to Exmoor National Park and to Wales.

But the Somerset CC are planning to sell it for a short term financial gain but in the long term, put at risk the protection and access to countryside that is enjoyed by so many. The only notice given was small, in the middle of a local paper during Christmas time as i assume they wanted as little attention as possible...

So if you love riding, walking or whatever your reason please sign the petition to stop the sale of these hills for us and for future generation to continue to enjoy.
We need 5,000 to force the County Council to have a debate about their plans otherwise it will be sold to the highest bidder no matter what their intensions are: http://petitions.somersetconsults.org.u ... /quantocks

Please every one counts,

Thank you

Comments

• _jon_
    _jon_ Posts: 366
    Signed.
  • Perhaps it would be better if Bikeradar board members clubbed together and bought it, like Ebbsfleet United F.C?

(Semi) joking apart, who do SCC think will be likely bidders?
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Signed.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Done.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    One more added
  • R0B75
    R0B75 Posts: 376
    I've signed it as I used to live on the doorstep of the Quantocks but I wonder if being sold off might be a good thing? Hmmm.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Signed.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • thank you guys keep it coming! almost 5k