Fox RPL Not Selecting Preset Positions

Stevo210
Stevo210 Posts: 196
edited February 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Having an issue with my Fox RPL Rear Shock. Its very difficult to get the knob to select any of the presets. The knob just flows past and doesn't click or stop at the preset Pro-Pedal or Open positions, it swings fine back in to the lockout position at the back but lockout is not engaged.
If I turn the Rebound adjust to the quickest setting the lever positions are available but still faint and the lockout is working. But the more I turn the rebound to a slower return, the preset positions just vanish.
It was serviced by Mojo in June 2011 and its been working great since then until recently.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Hi,

We passed your query onto Owen Coutts, the mag's latest tech guru and the person to ask for advice. Here are his thoughts...

"We emailed Mojo’s head honcho Chris Porter for his advice and here’s what he had to say: “Without seeing it,
    it’s hard to say exactly what it is wrong, but I can categorically say that it doesn’t sound right. “As work has been done with us recently, we’ll more than likely sort it out, unless it looks like it’s been run over by a bus! Send the shock to us with a copy of your receipt from that service and we will get you back on the road.” Hope that helps. Owen."

Cheers, Su
  • Stevo210
    Stevo210 Posts: 196
    Thanks for your efforts there.

As it needed to be sorted it did in fact go back to Mojo where several parts relating to the rebound push rod were replaced free of charge.

Hope that helps anyone else having the same issue.