what security for home storage ?

hubba
hubba Posts: 238
edited January 2012 in The workshop
ok with recent bike theft on the rise from home properties i wanted to know what systems people use to secure there bikes at home..

i have three bikes and only use a cable through the frame locked to a bracket on the wall with a sturdy lock.

i'm just really wondering what level of thickness cables people use and what types of locks and brackets etc ? i think i may need to review and upgrade my security status is all..

thoughts anyone ?

also for MTB it's fine as i have a lock but when i go road cycling and leave my bike at a cafe or garden centre / pub i'm allways worried as to weather or not one lock is enough, and allways concerned on weight of the lock against security level (most people only have a light lock and nothing major due to keeping the weight down while cycling)

i guess this is a age old question but i think worth asking (video's of soo many locks being bust and opened or cut within seconds etc..)
Cube Sl Road for sale
wanted Steel or titanium Touring / audax / sportif frame or complete bike.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    At home the best security is tea leaves not knowing teh bike is there!

Away from home, ideally 2 D-locks to a sheffield stand (one top quality, one just good, 2 stops the bike being twisted and used as a lever to break it), plus a cable through the wheels.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.