Graeme Obree book signing

TGJ
TGJ Posts: 2
edited February 2012 in The bottom bracket
Graeme will be signing copies of his new book this Saturday at The Green Jersey in Clitheroe Lancashire.

The newest cake stop around.

Comments

• Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    I didn't know he had a new book out , can't find any details about it , any more info ?
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • HIs training manual - The Obree Way
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Beat me to it :wink:
    Anyway, here's a link
    http://www.obree.com/store.php
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Chapter One - 'How to dismantle your washing machine'.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Chapter 2 how to be great without the same support network offered to another talented individual.

Everything he achieved he did for himself. The days where BCF put all their resources into 1 man. With equal funding I'd like to have seen who went furthest.
    Ribble R872
    Specialized Langster Monaco
    Trek 6300
  • Chapter 2 how to be great without the same support network offered to another talented individual.

Everything he achieved he did for himself. The days where BCF put all their resources into 1 man. With equal funding I'd like to have seen who went furthest.
    Forgive my ignorance, is this referring to Chris Boardman?
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • Yep, he was good but as a kid Obree was always more interesting. Every week Cycling Weekly would report on their races (time trials) & await their next meet.

His biography is a great read.. Boardman had the right doors opened, while Obree doors slammed shut by fate & the UCI
    Ribble R872
    Specialized Langster Monaco
    Trek 6300
  • Aha thought so! Think that would be a good read...
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Aha thought so! Think that would be a good read...

It is! It's an insightful, well written account of a very talented, extremely committed but very troubled individual (and I mean that in the most respectable sense).
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”