Afan Forest, Skyline and Cwncarn

quiksilversbs
quiksilversbs Posts: 22
edited February 2012 in Routes
Me and a mate are traveling up at the weekend from the isle of wight and are just wondering about the conditions on skyline and maybe Cwncarn?
Thanks Sam.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Have a look here for Cwmcarn:
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10007&t=12833842
    Best to keep a close eye on things as it's looking quite cold all week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ahhhh, that's what im a bit concerned about is there any chance u could keep me up to date were going to be leaving on Friday evening, it shudnt be to much of a problem as long as the roads are clear and we got plenty of winter kit to wear! :)
  • lol just looked at the rest of the posts on that topic and your in the same boat as me lol :/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Yup, looking a bit dicey for the end of the week though if the snow clears then my ski jacket fits over the body armour OK, so a bit of cold won't matter :-)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Is it really, as long as no more snow falls it shud be fine *fingers crossed* coz it's a long way to travel and there's snow on the trails lol :/
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    even if there's snow on the trails they were rideable yesterday. it was fun :D

but the uplift will be hit and miss if you were planning on doing that, i'd call cwmdown first
  • That's good news then because il be doing the xc routes at afan and Cwncarn. Iv just looked at the weather forecast and it's now saying rain so I think we're leave it till thursday to make our minds up lol :)
  • d00m
    d00m Posts: 160
    Afan was totally rideable today, there was snow on the top of the wall trail and windy point, but it was rapidly melting in the sunshine 8) Only sketchy parts were under the tree cover on 373 etc.

img20120202131427.jpg
  • Cheers mate I don't think we're gunna risk it, as we've just had a weather warning for snow down here and it looks like your going to be getting snow as well at the weekend! :( we will leave it till the summer and camp up at afan durning the warmer months I reckon! :)