Messenger bag - Project Tortoise

victorwilliams
victorwilliams Posts: 25
edited February 2012 in Road general
I'm looking for infomation on the messenger bag company, project tortoise. I've been offered one on the secondary market and wanted to do a little research, the company are now defuncted. Does anyone own/previously owned one of these? If so what are they like? Build quality, quality of material ect. Thanks in advance. :D

Comments

• Build quality for these bags is great. Each was made by hand in London, by a pretty experienced bag maker with a love for cycling. Most of the bags were one-offs, built for friends, bike messengers and a few folks on the london fixed gear and single speed forum. My missus has one of the backpacks and loves it. The bag is in great condition considering its schlepped 13 miles to and from work everyday, all year long.

There are definitely a few things you can criticise on the earlier bags as it took a while to hone in on the right design/material. So because theres quite a bit of design variety, you need to check that the bag works for you.

If you want to know more I can put you in touch with the Project Tortoise folks.
  • Thanks for the info, I was on course to buying a second hand one from a member ofthe lfgss forum but it sadly fell through. Snapped a second hand bagaboo workhorse picking it up from work tomorrow so fingers crossed its all good.