Power Spline BB

JimboM
JimboM Posts: 380
edited January 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I need a new BB for my hack about hardtail. The one I pulled out this morning is a Truvativ Power Spline - is this a Truvativ only type BB or is their a generic alternative? Just want a cheap replacement as the bike is only used for a bit of bridleway type riding with the family

Cheers

Jim
Cannondale Synapse 105
Giant FCR3
GT Avalanche 3.0
Canyon Nerve AM 6.0

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    They are not expensive, you should be able to get one for around £10-£15.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JimboM
    Think I must have been having a mind melt - I looked earlier but could only see them at £30+, just checked again and CRChave got them for £17

I really need the 68mm and they only have the 73mm version in stock though would I be OK to use this and a spacer ??

Thanks
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Keep checking 68mm are fairly common, you could use 2 spacers (2.5mm each side to keep it balanced and the thread engagement good) but that would add enough to make it cheaper to get the right one!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JimboM
    Thanks guys, I meant to post back here on Sunday but I found one for £15.29 at Cyclestore.co.uk

Cheers

Jim
    Cannondale Synapse 105
    Giant FCR3
    GT Avalanche 3.0
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0