My First Build!

mediamazter
mediamazter Posts: 39
edited January 2012 in Your road bikes
Decided i wanted to upgrade from my trusty Cube Attempt.. And rather than buy something regular of the peg decided to have a go at building something myself.
Hopefully ending up with better value for money and a one off bike .. All parts purchased over a few months when ever I saw something that i thought was good value for money.. Wheels and Tyres are off my cube.. Be gentle with me! lol

cimg0167z.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Frame: Be One Raw Carbon 59cm
Forks: Be One Raw
Bars: Deda Newton 44cm
Stem: Deda Magic 90mm
Headset: More Top (Came with the Frame)
Bar Tape: Deda Orange

Brake/Shift Levers: SRAM Rival
Brake Calipers : SRAM Rival
Cables: Jagwire Racer
Front Mech: SRAM Force 34.9mm Band On
Rear Mech: SRAM Force

Seat: San Marco Magma
Seat Post: Deda Drittissimo 31.8m Inline
Seat Post Clamp: Scarpe 34.9mm (borrowed from the Cube.. One that came with the frame was poor)

Cranks: SRAM Force BB30
Chainring(s): 53/39
Chain: Wipperman Connex SG 10 SP
Cassette: SRAM PG1070 12-26
Pedals: Shimano PD540
Bottom Bracket: SRAM BB30

Wheelset : SHIMANO RS80 C24
Tube: Kenda Super Light
Tire: Specialized All Condition Elite (Winter tyres borrowed from the Cube so the wrong Color...)

Accessories: Orange Valve Caps, Orange Stem Spacers, Orange Water Bottle Screws-- LoL

Weight: Not weighed yet but its a lot lighter than the cube..

Other info: Matching tyres to come when the weathers better, Lighter Pedals too..

Well happy with the build.. Really enjoyed doing it.. Total cost was just under £1200.. Already had the wheels

B

Comments

• crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Nice bike but there are some dodgy pop-ups on that image hosting website. :shock:
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Nice bike. :) Not sure about the orange spacers. :!:
    It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.

--Ernest Hemingway
  • Crescent wrote:
    Nice bike but there are some dodgy pop-ups on that image hosting website. :shock:
    I Just realised.. :shock:
    It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.

--Ernest Hemingway
  • Cheers Guys.. Did not realise about the pop ups.. Put it as family safe... Changed host now. :lol:
  • Shaun20
    Shaun20 Posts: 218
    Do you have any problems with shifting? Gear /brake cables look a tad short. Other than that nice bike !
  • Took her out a couple times.. Shifting appears to be smooth and ok so.. Bit more clunky than the 105 on the Cube but hopefully I have not cut anything to short.. :D All instructions for the cables assume you are replacing old cables..
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Very nice bike! :)
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I've just finished building up the same frame. Nice bike! Get her weighed, I'd be interested to see how mine matches up! I've got the 62cm frame in Green/Black.
  • Was hard to make my mind up between the Green/Orange frame both were nice. Orange just edged it for me.. I can't believe how nice a ride it is.. Really pleased with it.. Will weigh her as soon as i can.. and post it up.. Should take a bit more weight off with race tyres/tubes and Some lighter pedals.. :)

Brent...