Gawton needs your help!

ragged1100
ragged1100 Posts: 147
edited February 2012 in MTB general
As part of the developments going on at Gawton in Devon, we are building a new 4th track. We have finally managed to contract the a walking digger to complete the sections of track 4. It will start work on Friday at 8am and work, Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th, Sunday 5th & Monday 6th February until 5pm or until the light has gone. We need at least 3 people on site each day to act as a groundsman for the digger and to do any manual digging and shaping and using a compactor. We are spending a lot of our very small budget on this machine, (West Devon Borough Council doesn't give out millions of pounds for mountain bike tracks like the Welsh Assembly does!!!) but there is no other way for the work to get done. We want to make the most of it, so please, if you can attend on any day please do. If you are attending, please post on our Facebook page or message us through our website which day(s) and what time you can attend so we can draw up a list to ensure we are covered. Obviously the more the merrier, so if we get 20+ people on each day that's fine!!!! Please spread the word...

http://www.woodlandriders.com
https://www.facebook.com/events/336933742994029/
Gawton Gravity Hub - "England's best permanent downhill tracks"

www.gawtongravityhub.co.uk
www.facebook.com/gawtongravityhub

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Best of luck with that mate, unfortunately I can't make it down then but I will try to visit to ride the place later in the year. Do you know when your uplift service restarts?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • We're hoping to get it started in April, but we are having trouble getting funding, it will pay for itself, but we are a member funded club and the committee are not willing to risk their own money just so other people can ride their bikes down a hill, all the Sports England type funding around is wrapped up with terms and conditions like ferrying kids around etc, not carting big hairy mountain bikers to the top of a hill, so if you know anyone with £10 000 to spare let us know!!!
    Gawton Gravity Hub - "England's best permanent downhill tracks"

www.gawtongravityhub.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/gawtongravityhub
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    ragged1100 wrote:
    We're hoping to get it started in April, but we are having trouble getting funding, it will pay for itself, but we are a member funded club and the committee are not willing to risk their own money just so other people can ride their bikes down a hill, all the Sports England type funding around is wrapped up with terms and conditions like ferrying kids around etc, not carting big hairy mountain bikers to the top of a hill, so if you know anyone with £10 000 to spare let us know!!!
    Fingers crossed then. All I can promise is to pay for a few uplifts :-)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I may be able to make it on friday but will let you know tomorrow. Want to get involved as I'll be moving to Yelverton in the next couple of months (bump)
    Yeti SB66c 2013