Fast or slow?

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Definitely "fast" but then I'm not a "city commuter" - almost none of his observations apply.

Interesting observation on the "foldies" - reminded me of men that drive MPVs: drive fast to show that they really should/would be in a sportscar...

Love the last observation too
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Fast on the roadie, its 20 miles into the city!

On the Brompton around town, contrary to observation, slow.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    "• Men on carbon fibre road bikes really, really don't like being overtaken by someone wearing a corduroy jacket."

Possibly the ultimate scalp! :P
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I have a hankering for a Guvnor.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • on the commute bike which is a SS with drops and paniers i don't notice any differnce in behavour with other traffic, oddly on the MTB which with heavy duty mud spikes is slower than you can possibly imagine, traffic is often supprisingly nice.

I used to have a slow heavy hybrid and my wife has one, I prefure what I have now, where if i want to potter I can (such as though Bushy Park or with a ice cream in hand on the Thames tow path) but also i'm fast enought to overtake cars and scooters in kingston one way system.
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    I prefure what I have now
    Prefure, what a brilliant word. My definition would be 'to really, really prefer something, especially with a posh accent'.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    the comments on the Guardian bike blog are always the same:

"I have a bike I bought for 20p and its fine for me. I ride in normal clothes and I think people on fast bikes in lycra are pathetic - its just riding to work FFS'

Except that most commuters on fast bikes in lycra are actually riding a pretty long commute. I wouldnt ride my 42 mile round trip in a suit at 5mph on something I found at the tip.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I must say I didn't read any of the comments. They generally just irritate me and I was quite happy having read the bit about upgrading his shopping basket. Why read more if it would worsen my mood?
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    i should know better... I know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I've now got a morbid desire to go back and read them. I'm quite clearly an idiot.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    I've found that the only comments at the Grauniad worth reading are the cricket ones when there's a live commentary, not unakin to the TMS stuff on the Beeb.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Fast and HARD baby! Always fast and hard!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Off topic DDD......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.