black ice up rivington...

scottbramwell
scottbramwell Posts: 78
edited January 2012 in MTB general
Well, i had a weird sleep last night, kept waking up, and woke up at 5 and thought that my body is telling me i need to get out on the bike...so i did, i fed my newborn son, put him back down and got out and set off at 7 this morning to rivington, was there for 8 and started off at the lower barn (go-ape) past the castle and came out at the school, went up green lane to wilderswood, and my first problem arose...steep hill and i was doing well then out of nowhere the road disappeared and turned to ice so i had to walk up till the ice was behind me. further on i hit the woodland and the hill was to covered with loose rock, so walked up again then the path turned to a hard mud where motor cross and horses have been, the path was blocked with a tree. finally hit george lane. and headed towards the mast, hard work again with the path up icy and full of frost it was a constant struggle to keep myself going up, made it to the road and decided to make my way back down the same road, finger on the brake all the way down as i knew the road may be icy, then ahead came a car so i put more pressure on the brake but too late...the back wheel passed me and then i skidded all over the black ice, bugger! lol. got back on and hit more ice and went again, i think in future i may stick to the trails either that or just wait until the ice had gone lol. what do you reckon? i don't think the weather should stop us riding no matter the weather...
Whyte 801
The destination is not as important as the journey!!

Comments