hills around mid-lothian??

smithaay
smithaay Posts: 114
edited January 2012 in Road beginners
hey
Im looking for some nice hills around the lothian/Mid-lothian area to be used for some pre season training before my first race :)
Any suggestions will be great
Thanks.
Eat.Ride.Sleep.

Comments

• I signed up to strava.com the other day, I don't have a Garmin GPS or anything, I just wanted to see what the fuss was about. It's actually really good for finding nice hills around your area. You'd need to register (basic account is free) then you click on 'Explore' and navigate the map to wherever you want and it will highlight 'segments', which are usually hills. On the left it also gives you the distance of each climb and the average gradient.
  • smithaay
    thanks il try that :)
    Eat.Ride.Sleep.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    How far from Edinburgh you looking to go and in what direction ?
    Head SE, towards Duns and you hav ea lumpy ride for sure, all the way up and over Redstane Rigg. Head S towards Innerleithen and you go over the Granites which is a good 2 mile or so drag.
    Long draggy hills or shorter sharper ones ? Little sharp ones here and there, Once away from the coast and there are plenty hills around, not much flat !
  • smithaay
    I would of preferred some nice long hills as there are some short around my house but just wanted to have some variety. Thanks for the suggestions Ive looked at the strava website and its very useful thankyou :)
    Eat.Ride.Sleep.