My New Bike

BOLTONBOXER
BOLTONBOXER Posts: 68
edited March 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Hi I'm new to MTB this is my first bike what you all think is it good enough to learn on,,,how long until I need to spend more spend more money on a better one ??

Comments

• Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Very nice, no need to spend any more if it suits your needs and you enjoy riding it!
  • Rigga wrote:
    Very nice, no need to spend any more if it suits your needs and you enjoy riding it!
    I love it can't wait to get back on it but busy this weekend , next week tho
  • Nice bike i have the older one. I just swapped the forks after a year to Rockshox Toras after finding the fork a bit bouncy at Lee quarry. And changed the tyres to Maxxis highrollers. Bike handles spot on now.
  • Nice bike i have the older one. I just swapped the forks after a year to Rockshox Toras after finding the fork a bit bouncy at Lee quarry. And changed the tyres to Maxxis highrollers. Bike handles spot on now.

Ill keep that in mind so is it easy to swap and change parts

I got Life cycles off Chorley old road change my forks. Cost me £25. Got forks from je james cycles online for £100. Brilliant upgrade.

I got Life cycles off Chorley old road change my forks. Cost me £25. Got forks from je james cycles online for £100. Brilliant upgrade.
    Well will defo keep it in mind gonna get out on my bike next weekend , gonna drive up and park my car at white coppice to healey nab and go for a blast looks great had a look at a few videos
  • May pop up Nab next saturday. Will have get train from Darwen tho after work and have a few hours.
  • May pop up Nab next saturday. Will have get train from Darwen tho after work and have a few hours.
    Is it any good then I'm g
    onna go up on sunday that's the only days I can go really with boxing and work
  • Will keep you occupied for a few hours. Only takes 3 mins to get from top to the bottom of the red run. And then a slog back up. But its nice for a couple of runs. I usually just come over from Belmont, down past Pigeon tower and ride along to Yarrow Res onto heapey lane to the nab and then back.
  • Will keep you occupied for a few hours. Only takes 3 mins to get from top to the bottom of the red run. And then a slog back up. But its nice for a couple of runs. I usually just come over from Belmont, down past Pigeon tower and ride along to Yarrow Res onto heapey lane to the nab and then back.
    Will keep you occupied for a few hours. Only takes 3 mins to get from top to the bottom of the red run. And then a slog back up. But its nice for a couple of runs. I usually just come over from Belmont, down past Pigeon tower and ride along to Yarrow Res onto heapey lane to the nab and then back.
    does that not take you ages mate you must be super fit, so its worth going then mate, will i be alright as a learner ha ,, whats your name ???
    Will keep you occupied for a few hours. Only takes 3 mins to get from top to the bottom of the red run. And then a slog back up. But its nice for a couple of runs. I usually just come over from Belmont, down past Pigeon tower and ride along to Yarrow Res onto heapey lane to the nab and then back.
    does that not take you ages mate you must be super fit, so its worth going then mate, will i be alright as a learner ha ,, whats your name ???
    Oh no defo not super fit! Im a smoker! used to be really fit. Set off at 0800 and get to the nab for 12 normally. When i stop smoking ill be quite fit.

Im still learning but have done Gisburn at night and Lee quarry etc.
    Oh no defo not super fit! Im a smoker! used to be really fit. Set off at 0800 and get to the nab for 12 normally. When i stop smoking ill be quite fit.

Im still learning but have done Gisburn at night and Lee quarry etc.
    we will have to meet up some time and get out u can show me the places to go
  • No body rate my bike then ?? Ha
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    delcol wrote:
    i cant see it.
    me neither :(
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • chez_m356 wrote:
    delcol wrote:
    i cant see it.
    me neither :(
    Lol dnt know what's happened here then ,, its my first bike I bought it to keep fit for my boxing its a carrera vengence 2011
  • Can u see it now peeps :-)
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Can u see it now peeps :-)
    certainly can, for so called beginner bikes you really cant go wrong with carrera's, and you get decent oversize bars on it, better than the skinny crap that was on my hardrock when i first got it, thats for sure, nice one mate, hope your enjoying it :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • chez_m356 wrote:
    Can u see it now peeps :-)
    certainly can, for so called beginner bikes you really cant go wrong with carrera's, and you get decent oversize bars on it, better than the skinny crap that was on my hardrock when i first got it, thats for sure, nice one mate, hope your enjoying it :D
    Oh I love it already ,, think the front suspension are abit rubbish tho could I upgrade easily