Cwmcarn B&B's

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
edited January 2012 in Routes
Can anyone recommend a B&B or hotel within a shortish drive of Cwmcarn? It may be a better option for me than getting up at stupid o'clock in the morning to get there from Kent.

It doesn't need to be anything too special but anything with a bike store would be good, or else something a little bit out the way so I that can sleep soundly at night with the bike locked in the car. Bonus points for anywhere that does a full English brekky :-)
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• Rent one of the pods at CC!!!
    Think they're about £25 to £30 a night though, but really comfy!
  • Stevo_666
    Rent one of the pods at CC!!!
    Think they're about £25 to £30 a night though, but really comfy!
    Just googled them. Top stuff - roll out of bed at 9am :-D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • My bro stayed in one similar a while back and said they were great!
  • I take it you can fit your bike in the pod with you at night? Got 5 days off in June so thinking about seeing the DH riding that south wales has to offer
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Muttly1981 wrote:
    I take it you can fit your bike in the pod with you at night? Got 5 days off in June so thinking about seeing the DH riding that south wales has to offer
    Hmm, doubt they're big enough tbh, probably have to keep it in the car?
  • Muttly1981 wrote:
    I take it you can fit your bike in the pod with you at night? Got 5 days off in June so thinking about seeing the DH riding that south wales has to offer
    Hmm, doubt they're big enough tbh, probably have to keep it in the car?

Mentioned it to Sam on Twitter about camping in his back garden which he seemed pretty stoked about, both his brothers and his brother in law ride DH (his bro in law works for Mojo so trying to get hooked up with a ti spring) so could have my own guide
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    If you can't find a decent B&B, there is a Holiday Inn Express close to J28 of the M4, about 10 minutes from Cwmcarn.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Stevo_666
    Ta JBA - love the way they advertise that they've got a leather sofa in reception :-D Unfortunately cheapest room rate is £75 :-( We've always got the option of getting up early...
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ta JBA - love the way they advertise that they've got a leather sofa in reception :-D Unfortunately cheapest room rate is £75 :-( We've always got the option of getting up early...

if you're on a super tight budget there's an etap hotel the next junction down, it'll be about 15-20 mins to cwmcarn from there
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It was £58 when I looked this morning! Barstewards!
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Stevo_666
    It's not so much a tight budget but I resent shelling out that much when it's only going to be a crash pad. Anyhow, the weather may still scupper this weeks trip !