Forum home Road cycling forum Road beginners

headlamp suggestions

ianbarianbar Posts: 1,353
edited January 2012 in Road beginners
hello, i am looking for some suggestions for headlamps that obviously provide a lot of light for both cycling and running. thank you
enigma esprit
cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012

• cougiecougie Posts: 22,512
    You need far more light for cycling as you're going much faster.

You can get the magicshine bike lights with a headband - I guess thats what you need.
  • MettanMettan Posts: 2,103
    For a lightweight option, an Ultrafire C3, Trustfire R5-A3 or a Uniquefire G10 with an XP-G R5 emitter will give you decent throw and flood - runtimes are good on AA but not so good on 14500 li-ions (its easy to carry 2 or 3 spare batteries though - I do) - (I use two C3's on my helmet) - if you want more output and a floodier beam again, go for a Fandyfire 2160 or a 501b with an XM-L T6 emitter, or for ultralightweight, something like a Xeno E03 XM-L T6.
  • redvisionredvision Posts: 2,812
    for running i use this:
    http://www.alpkit.com/gamma
    absolutely brilliant for the price. probably not bright enough for use on the bike though.
  • Wrath RobWrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Ayup lights. End of. Magicshine might be a little too heavy for running, plus I'd always be concerned about the reliability/exploding aspect of them.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • robertclark101299robertclark101299 Posts: 17
    edited 26 January
    To use the Princeton headlamp, the first click turns on the low red light, the second click turns on the high red light. There is no flashlight. You have to hold down to get the white light. You don't have to go through a bunch of modes every time I've been looking for a headlamp like this for a while and I liked it so much that I bought a second one.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 60,900 Lives Here
    edited 17 January
    Delete