TUNES

byke68
byke68 Posts: 1,070
edited January 2012 in Commuting chat
Riding home tonight (well, late afternoon!) and I had "Sheena is a Punk Rocker" by the Ramones going round & round in my head and I was even singing it out loud at one stage! A decent tune for once. Other times it been rubbish "songs" by the likes of Kate Perry or the Carpenters and other mainstream pap swirling around, over & over and refusing to leave no matter what other songs I try to think of.
Anyone else get these nightmare ear-worms that they can't get rid of whilst cycling?

"Let the light from the lighthouse shine down on me"
Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
Cannondale CAAD8

Comments

• welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    I had F.E.E.L.I.N.G. C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E by Pulp in my head all day. What an awesome tune :D
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Don't know that one but on a different note, Used to live near Colchester now oop North.
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,773
    I'm sat at the computer listening to Sundays Huey Show from 6 music and O looked down the playlist and Sheena is a Punk Rocker is on. I've got about an hour to go until it comes on I reckon. Great tune.
    Unfortunately I worked with a girl called Sheena, she's not you know. She's a Feltham chavette with delusions of grandeur.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Luxury. I've ridden miles with Remember You're A Womble rattling round my skull. It fits with the cadence and sticks.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    CiB wrote:
    Luxury. I've ridden miles with Remember You're A Womble rattling round my skull. It fits with the cadence and sticks.

You sod. You know full well that this will stick in all of our minds now, and that every poor bugger that read that will have wombles on the brain next ride.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • this week its been Carly Simon, "You're so vain" (no I dont know why either), last week it was David Bowie's "Space Oddity". Its something to do with the cadence kicking off a memory process in the brain... I wish it wouldn't tho :(
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    SimonAH wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    You sod. You know full well that this will stick in all of our minds now, and that every poor bugger that read that will have wombles on the brain next ride.
    It's a fair cop guv, but you'll thank me tomorrow when you get to work 8 seconds quicker, with a bag of litter swinging from your handlebars. :wink:
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I find zeppelin Works well in getting rid of ear worms, at least it did for chitty chitty bang bang......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • Topaxci
    Topaxci Posts: 106
    Unfortunately I have a young child in our household so CBeebies is TV channel of choice.
    This meant on my last 100 mile ride last year I was stuck with the theme from Chuggington in my head the whole way.
    Only really knowing half the words from background sink in, I was filling in the blanks on the verses with my own (maybe not so child freindly) versions.
    Nice pace to keep me going but really annoying after the first hour and it wouldn't get out of my head.
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Ha ha, I had Raa Raa the noisey lion in my head although I think I know all the words to that now.
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Mastodon - Blood and Thunder...

Or The Archers theme tune. Depending on what time I leave work and if I'm engaged in any SCR.
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    Can't get this out of my head when riding.

God knows what people think when they hear me singing it on the commute.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    there i was happily singing the riff to 'It's a Rave Dave' sitting at a set of lights when I sense another rider on my six.

I dunno, I always feel embarrassed when someone catches me singing out loud :oops:
    FCN = 4
  • I always try to get Hatebreed - Perserverance into my head... that sh+t will get you up any hill......