Mavic Espoir jersey - any good?

jordan_217
jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
edited January 2012 in Road buying advice
I have a Mavic Echappee softshell and it's probably the best bit of kit I own. However with the warmer weather we're having at the mo I find it's a bit too warm. I think it's time I get a long sleeve jersey....

I can get hold of a Espoir at a good (heavily reduced) price from my LBS . Are they any good?

Cheers
“Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”

Comments

• ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    I picked one up last year at a heavily discounted price to ride on the mtb (didn't mind the thorns getting it a that price).

Vey pleased with it. Fit not as close cut as my other jerseys, but that was fine for my intended use. Nice weight of material and a good fit. Only worn it a few times but it has washed and worn well so far. I don't think you can go too far wrong with any Mavic gear, it ass seems pretty well put together.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    ajb72 wrote:
    I picked one up last year at a heavily discounted price to ride on the mtb (didn't mind the thorns getting it a that price).

Vey pleased with it. Fit not as close cut as my other jerseys, but that was fine for my intended use. Nice weight of material and a good fit. Only worn it a few times but it has washed and worn well so far. I don't think you can go too far wrong with any Mavic gear, it ass seems pretty well put together.

Cheers mate. Think I will order one tonight.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • I've got one as well, very pleased with it. Bought it after getting a couple of the Espoir short sleeved jerseys. I like the long back on it, but then also they haven't fixed the pockets right the bottom of the jersey. Hate it when the pockets are hanging over your arse! As ajb72 says, Mavic seem to have their gear pretty well sorted.