Brizzle - How to mess up a cycle route - Concorde Way

dodgerdog
dodgerdog Posts: 292
edited February 2012 in Commuting chat
Have any Brizzle commuters run foul of the speed bumps that have been placed on the Concorde Way by the entrance to Horfield Rugby Club yesterday by the Bristol Water contractors?

Gave me a scare lastnight when I went through that section, was looking ahead towards the junction and was nearly thrown off by the first one :evil:
Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
Ribble Gran Fondo

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I have done that route from Severn Beach to the centre but not in the last week. I presume this is the part of the route that runs alongside the railway cutting off Bonnington Walk and leads to the back of the MOD?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    Dodgerdog wrote:
    Have any Brizzle commuters run foul of the speed bumps that have been placed on the Concorde Way by the entrance to Horfield Rugby Club yesterday by the Bristol Water contractors?

Gave me a scare lastnight when I went through that section, was looking ahead towards the junction and was nearly thrown off by the first one :evil:

Come to London - fairly regular for contractors to work on things under the road, then not bother flatten the tarmac they put back down & you end up with de-facto speed bumps. This can happen overnight. I tend to keep a good grip on my handlebars...
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • dodgerdog
    Redvee,

Bang-on location wise. Only three humps of the bolt down plastic variety but the last one if you are heading in-bound to town is exactly where you will be looking up Toronto Road across the railway bridge before you hit the junction hence it is a nightmare location!
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • dodgerdog
    Redvee,

Bang-on location wise. Only three humps of the bolt down plastic variety but the last one if you are heading in-bound to town is exactly where you will be looking up Toronto Road across the railway bridge before you hit the junction hence it is a nightmare location!
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I go up Toronto road every day - from Hogarth walk by UWE. Not seen anything aside the diversion around the road works?! Did I fall off, knowck my head and not remember this?!

Or are the works on the cyclepath to Abbeywood?
  • dodgerdog
    on the stretch towards Abbeywood, first 150m where the contractors have their offices and materiel stored.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    I too cycle past that bit every day on Bonnington walk, I'll have a look up their this evening, I sometimes go running up there at lunchtimes and didn't notice them last week so must be pretty new. Have noticed the mess all over the road from all the mud though,...ggrrrrrr.

....oh and randomly the other evening some guy on a bike, with a trailer, with a black bin in said trailer, shovelling gravel off the pavement into the bin...strange, not sure what was going on there!
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • redvee
    gert_lush wrote:
    ....oh and randomly the other evening some guy on a bike, with a trailer, with a black bin in said trailer, shovelling gravel off the pavement into the bin...strange, not sure what was going on there!

Saw his 'brother' a few weeks back sweeping up glass from a broken window by the truck between the gates a few weeks back, the glass was no more than 12" from the truck.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    gert_lush wrote:

OMG! Free kitty litter!
  • redvee