small personal triumph

crispy1980
crispy1980 Posts: 310
edited January 2012 in MTB beginners
attempted the mow cop killer mile today with a mate. look on youtube for loads of videos of the route. its not exactly mountain biking as its up a road but it really is steep!! my mate made it in one go but i will admit i stopped for a couple of minutes at the start of the really steep part, but got back on and finished it . its a pretty big step for me as not long ago there is no way on earth i would of made it up at all, my fitness must be improving! coming back down was even more fun, but very nearly ended it tears as we met a car coming up the hill just as we passed a row of parked cars and couldnt stop, brown pants moment. we then continued around the summit and did a total of 14 miles andstill felt good!

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Well done, keep at it now and see how fast you can do it next time.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • MrGeebs
    MrGeebs Posts: 62
    Splendid effort that man. I have gone up that road twice and admit to walking up it both times, once it was snow covered though. If you drop down the other side the bidduplh valley way runs from all the way from congleton to stoke and passes right by the side of mow cop, also a bit futher that way is rudyard lake and there is a few offroad bits round there too. Lots of fun for MTB'ing to be had in rural staffs. :D
    um .. . . . .
  • im hoping to finish it in one go next time, we were going to drop down the other side to rudyard but i wasnt sure of the right way to go and visibility was very poor so couldnt see the roads below. ill look into the biddulph way,didnt know it existed. wouldbea good way to finish the route after the mile.,
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    MrGeebs wrote:
    Lots of fun for MTB'ing to be had in rural staffs. :D

For sure, some cracking routes round roaches area and just into cheshire.
    Also hanchurch has some good stuff to offer, when the logger stops knackering the trails...
    Then there's dimmingsdale.
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    God i hate mow cop....but has some very nice rides/scenery......and rudyard is goin be on my to do list along with hanchurch, locally and a trip out to long mynd,cannock ...oh and to scare some 5hite out the students at keele. :lol: