Picture upload. Help a fool!

neilo23
neilo23 Posts: 783
edited January 2012 in The bottom bracket
006tnk.jpg
004kjm.jpg

As you can see, I am turning into my bike. Since Campagnolo changed the shape of their hoods my index finger has changed shape to match them. Will other parts of my body become stiffer, more aerodynamic and efficient?

Pointless thread, but I just don't get why I can't upload photos. Opened an imageshack account, copied the address of the jpgs, pasted it between the "img" thingies....

Comments

• neilo23
    Ok, the links work, but how to get the photos to be shown on a thread is still a mystery to me. (I didn't understand the explanation on the BR FAQs. I thought I'd done what it told me to do).
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Just tried your pix with what is definitely the correct syntax and it didn't work - is imageshack one if the hosts that don't let you link to their pix? I generally use flickr, they don't like it either but if you dig for the actual url of your image it will work.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    004kjm.jpg
    006tnk.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • neilo23
    That reassures me a bit. I was starting to feel a bit daft. Imageshack is the only photo account that I have and I only opened the account to upload pics to BR. How do I find out the "actual URL"?
  • neilo23
    Aggie, please tell me in layman's terms what you did. I'm surprised that my pics looked like the things I intended instead of scantily clad girl parts.
  • neilo23
    And can you photoshop out the chips on my floor?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Clicked your link.

Right clicked on actual pic.

Clicked 'Copy image url'

Clicked Img at top of Post a reply box.

Make sure cursor is between these and paste the 'Copy image url' into it.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • neilo23
    004kjm.jpg

Ha! I feel like I'm finally in the 20th century! I thought I had mastered copy and paste years ago. On my browser it simply says copy image, not url, but it did the job. Thanks guys. Like most things, it was simple as soon as I knew how.

(Aggie, I'll send you a pic of my finger in rainwear as a thank you)

PS, I was pleased to see that another regular user also has the same problem as me.
  • neilo23
    fingeronsexylipshd14770.jpg

Ok, it's not my mouth, not my favourite nail varnish colour but I tried my best!
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    To the OP - looks like an extra "/" after the jpg to me - ie ".jpg[/img]" rather than ".jpg/[/img]"