Heads up: cheap Sun Ringle Pro wheelset on CRC

bails87
bails87 Posts: 12,998
edited January 2012 in MTB buying advice
As per the title: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=63318

A sub 1600g wheelset, with adaptable hubs and (seemingly) rebranded Stans rims for £250. Just in case anyone is interested.....
MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Not quite rebranded- Ringle make the Stans rims, these are a licenced variation. But close enough!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    They were £180 a few weeks ago! Still a good buy though.
    I nearly bought some, but the colour choices put me off. If they were available in black/red rather than horiffic gold I think they would sell better.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Is that the RAL name? "Horrific Gold", originally a Datsun colour, now mainly seen on mountain bikes.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    leaflite wrote:
    They were £180 a few weeks ago! Still a good buy though.
    I nearly bought some, but the colour choices put me off. If they were available in black/red rather than horiffic gold I think they would sell better.
    Really? Damn, I'd have bought the 29er ones for my commuter if I'd seen them at that price!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • d00m
    d00m Posts: 160
    I bought a set for 180, but only had the choice of gold, though its growing on me (as they become more mud encrusted).

Running them tubeless, as they come with valves, sealant, and axle converters for the front hub.

They're really light, but stiff at the same time, bike feels livelier and maintains speed better. The only annoyance is the loudly clicking freehub